Why O Why?
I have watched at least part of every Real World season since the first New York season. Which is still the best because it actually followed its own philosophy of putting a diverse group of people together in a house out of the normal element (read: mommy/daddy's house) while they all pursue some sort of career/dream. Ok...now, not even close. It's all about getting drunk and hooking up with each other. Oh yeah...and fighting...mostly catty girl fights. Aaaaaaand, this leads us to The Real World: Australia. First episode: multiple catty girl fights, roommate hookup and catty makeup (which is where the girls cry and hug with the guarantee that they will fight again).
BUT my main complaint with this show...and every other reality show...is the actual lack of diversity. Why is it always, like, 7 white people and only ONE person of color?!? I hate that! I would love to see a show where it's flipped and there's one white person surrounded by people of all kinds of ethnicity. Sooo lame...
By the way, I'm not proud of this addiction, but I own it.
BUT my main complaint with this show...and every other reality show...is the actual lack of diversity. Why is it always, like, 7 white people and only ONE person of color?!? I hate that! I would love to see a show where it's flipped and there's one white person surrounded by people of all kinds of ethnicity. Sooo lame...
By the way, I'm not proud of this addiction, but I own it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home