Hairspray!
Just saw "Hairspray" and I like it, overall. I'm not a HUGE fan of movie musicals as a rule, so there's always a couple of eye-rolling sighs from me during even the best of them. I think the only movie musical that captured me 100% was "Grease" when I was a kid. I got the album, I learned the songs and my cousin Angie and I would act out the scenes. In fact, seeing John Travolta in "Hairspray" only made me want to see "Grease" on the big screen. Lucky for me, the Arclight is having an over 21, sing-a-long screening on Monday night.
OK, so back to "Hairspray"...loved Nikki Blonsky, the new find who plays Tracy, and Elijah Kelly (Seaweed). And I get why my friend Steph's daughter is ga-ga over Zac Ephron. I went back and forth on John Travolta...he was okay mostly and, as I said, just made me want to see him in "Grease". BUT I really liked the duet dance he and Christopher Walken had...very nice.
In summary, I give it a B.
Oh yeah...and I love "Singin' In The Rain".
OK, so back to "Hairspray"...loved Nikki Blonsky, the new find who plays Tracy, and Elijah Kelly (Seaweed). And I get why my friend Steph's daughter is ga-ga over Zac Ephron. I went back and forth on John Travolta...he was okay mostly and, as I said, just made me want to see him in "Grease". BUT I really liked the duet dance he and Christopher Walken had...very nice.
In summary, I give it a B.
Oh yeah...and I love "Singin' In The Rain".


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home