Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend Flicks

A lukewarm weekend for movies:

Harry Potter/Order of the Phoenix: Eeeehhhhh...this one never took off for me. I know it's supposed to be dark and all that, blah, blah, blah, but I missed the relationship between Harry, Ron and Hermione. There's a lot of brooding on Harry's behalf and a scattershot of cameos by past characters and new characters and...oh, I just wish it had been better. I really like the Harry Potter movies in general, but this one gets a C.

Talk to Me: I love me some Don Cheadle. And I love irreverent characters that curse a lot. So, this movie took off in fine form for me. And then Martin Luther King, Jr. gets shot and the whole movie gets very serious. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but the movie def lost some smack midway and never really recovers. By the way, Taraji Henson almost steals the whole thing. She's great! OK, so....B-.

Next up: Sunshine and maybe Hairspray (altho no one can replace Divine)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home