Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Mighty Heart

I remember the news story of Daniel Pearl capturing my attention and how saddened I was when his death was confirmed. The movie does a great job of sucking you in to the story, so much so that you find yourself hopeful that they'll find him alive. And then you have to remind yourself that it doesn't turn out that way. I've also never been a big fan of Angelina Jolie, but she does a great job here. And I can see why people go on and on about how beautiful she is...but here, I think it's because she's portraying a decent and beautiful human being.
Whew...two politically charged movies in one weekend. I'm spent...I can't wait for some lighter fare. Next weekend: Harry Potter...altho I hear that's dark too. Um, maybe I'll go see "Knocked Up" again.
I give "A Mighty Heart" a B+.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home