Let the Sunshine In

A movie opened this weekend that I'll bet many people didn't know about, but it sold out 3 Sunday shows at the Arclight and it was pretty kick ass. "Sunshine" directed by Danny Boyle ("Trainspotting" and "28 Days Later") released his British take on the sci-fi disaster movie. Now, you know I love disaster movies and sci-fi, so the combo intrigued me. It's definitely not a movie for everyone, cause it leans to the artsy-fartsy side of sci-fi meaning there's a lot of scenes/shots just for the beauty of it; no plot point. But I dig that too, so still a plus for me. Another plus: Cillian Murphy who is both weird, creepy and beautiful looking all at the same time. The big minus for me was the major character/plot point that comes out of left field with very little development and bam!...wraps up the entire story. Whaaaaaa?
Oh, well...the film gave me beauty, creepiness and a couple of tense moments. So, yeah...B+!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home