Sunday, August 10, 2008

What Am I Reading, You Ask?

Yes, I do read as much as I can. If I had more time, I would read all of the time. I credit my mom and dad for this gift and also our family friend, Virginia's daughter, Connie. We have old family pictures of me in her lap and her reading me a book. (actually, I'd like to get a copy of one of those pictures.)
Anyway, I digress. Here's what I'm reading/juggling:

"Charlotte's Web" - a little research on Young Adult novels/trip-down-memory-lane

"The Art of Racing in the Rain" - heartbreaking, sweet story of a man's love for racing and his terminal wife and his battle for their daughter. This is usually the kind of Lifetime movie crap I run from, BUT this whole tale is told from his dog's point of view who really strives to be the best human he can be. It's an OK read with moments of emotional brilliance.

"The Queen's Fool" by Phillipa Gregory - also the kind of thing I thought I would shun, but my friend DB got me hooked on all of these books with "The Other Boleyn Girl". (read the book cause the movie sucks big-time) Anyway, I love that whole Henry VIII era so these are fun reads.

I'm picking up two more books from the library (remember those?) on Monday: "13 Reasons Why" by Jay Asher and "The Power of Lucky" by Susan Petron. Both are highly acclaimed Young Adult novels; "Lucky" having won the Newberry Award this year. Again, these are a little research/homework for me.

With all of this, when do I have time to Big Brother 10? Don't worry, I have my priorities straight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home