Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight

Yes, I saw The Dark Knight this weekend like every other living soul in Los Angeles. I bought tickets a week and a half ago just to be sure and my seats rocked. But don't buy the hype...I was at Arclight HW on Sat at 4pm and there were still seats for the 7, 8, 9 and 9:30 shows. Yes, it was on every screen there...practically.

Anyhoo, yeah...the movie. It. was. good. No, seriously, it was great fun. Lots of cool gadgets, great Joker by HL (with the media, critics, etc, I think saying he sucks would land you a one-way ticket to Hell) and Christian Bale, the best Batman to date. Altho I gotta say, he makes reallllly weird mouth shapes when he's Batman. Fixate on it like I did and you'll see. Plus his opening scene was a little anti-climatic...no big ta-DAH! More like a "oh yeah, there he is". Lastly, it felt a teeny bit long at the beginning of the third act, but that's not a hanging crime.

I'm really just quibbling cause it's late Sunday and I'm in a tired, weird mood. It was good, trust me. Go see it.

I give it a B+.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home