Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's 1989!


Well, I really, really, really wish I could say I loved this movie. The first three were such a huge part of my youth, but unfortunately I didn't LOVE it. I liked it a lot, but didn't love it. There was nothing really wrong with the film aside from the fact that its pacing felt a little slow to me. Harrison Ford did a great job of course. I appreciate that they don't shy away from addressing the fact that the man is 67 years old. I mean c'mon, he's in better shape than I am...which is a whole other subject we won't address right now. Too depressing...
Shia LaBouf held his own...although I don't know about this "passing of the torch" thing. I don't know if I'd go see "Mutt Williams and the Men from Mars" or whatever. In any case, good for Shia.
See, this is the trouble with the film. There's no key moments of "wow, that's kickass!" to talk about (altho I will note that 67 year old Harry looked kinda hot in the FBI interrogation room). Bottom line: It was a fine film...I just wish it had been A-mazing!

Here's how it stacks up with the others:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: A+ (of course!)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: B+ (i gotta say Kate Capshaw has a lot to do with this getting a downgrade)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: A (Sean Connery has a lot to do with the upgrade)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home