Season of Stinkers
Ah, Spring...season of flowers, sunshine and ba-a-a-a-d movies!
IN BRUGES
I didn't go in with a whole heap of hope, but was guessing I might be mildly entertained. Almost accurate. The best thing I can say is that there's no Hollywood ending and...SPOILER ALERT...everyone dies at the end. Yay!
Grade C-
CHARLIE BARTLETT
First, I take full responsibility for putting myself in a position to see this stinker. But I was desperate to see something! So, yeah...it was pretty bad. Like awful, squirm-in-your-seat, eye rolling, I'm-embarrassed-for-the-actors awful.
Grade D*
*The mere fact that Robert Downey Jr was in it, saved it from an F.
THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL
OK, first, I gotta say, I read the book and loooooved it. Then I saw the movie and was immediately 5 minutes into it, like, "Whaaaaaa?" They didn't just play with the book, they played with history. The actual facts are pretty compelling on their own, there's really no need to falsify and switch events around especially when it doesn't better the story. There was no building of characters and, aside from the birth of babies, the pacing of the movie would have you believe this all happened in 3-4 weeks time.
I dunno...maybe I'm too harsh on it cause I liked the book so much. If you haven't read the book, tell me what you think.
Grade C
Next up: Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day and Snow Angels
I really think I'll just go see "There Will Be Blood" again.
IN BRUGES
I didn't go in with a whole heap of hope, but was guessing I might be mildly entertained. Almost accurate. The best thing I can say is that there's no Hollywood ending and...SPOILER ALERT...everyone dies at the end. Yay!
Grade C-
CHARLIE BARTLETT
First, I take full responsibility for putting myself in a position to see this stinker. But I was desperate to see something! So, yeah...it was pretty bad. Like awful, squirm-in-your-seat, eye rolling, I'm-embarrassed-for-the-actors awful.
Grade D*
*The mere fact that Robert Downey Jr was in it, saved it from an F.
THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL
OK, first, I gotta say, I read the book and loooooved it. Then I saw the movie and was immediately 5 minutes into it, like, "Whaaaaaa?" They didn't just play with the book, they played with history. The actual facts are pretty compelling on their own, there's really no need to falsify and switch events around especially when it doesn't better the story. There was no building of characters and, aside from the birth of babies, the pacing of the movie would have you believe this all happened in 3-4 weeks time.
I dunno...maybe I'm too harsh on it cause I liked the book so much. If you haven't read the book, tell me what you think.
Grade C
Next up: Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day and Snow Angels
I really think I'll just go see "There Will Be Blood" again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home