Catching Up
I am sooo far behind on seeing movies, but last weekend was a good catch-up!
LARS AND THE REAL GIRL
Such a sweet and heartfelt movie. And Ryan Gosling can do no wrong in it. B+
JUNO
I was wary about this one when it started. The dialogue was way too hip for its own good, but I got over that and accepted it as part of its style. The movie was great...Ellen Page:fantastic...soundtrack:I'm buying it...story and characters: quirky and wonderful. B++ (I'm not sure why I hesitate to give it an A)
I AM LEGEND
OK...this film traumatized me. There was a scene or two in the middle that had me with my head down and, literally, choking back deep sobs. I know I have issues in this area and those of you who know me well will know what scenes I'm talking about. That said, I LOVE disaster movies, so the rest of the movie played well for me. The ending was a tied up way too neatly and left me with lots of protests and questions, but oh well. I always expect that with these movies. I give it a B.
Next up: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN and the one I've been waiting for, SWEENEY TODD!!
It's a feel-good Christmas!
LARS AND THE REAL GIRL
Such a sweet and heartfelt movie. And Ryan Gosling can do no wrong in it. B+
JUNO
I was wary about this one when it started. The dialogue was way too hip for its own good, but I got over that and accepted it as part of its style. The movie was great...Ellen Page:fantastic...soundtrack:I'm buying it...story and characters: quirky and wonderful. B++ (I'm not sure why I hesitate to give it an A)
I AM LEGEND
OK...this film traumatized me. There was a scene or two in the middle that had me with my head down and, literally, choking back deep sobs. I know I have issues in this area and those of you who know me well will know what scenes I'm talking about. That said, I LOVE disaster movies, so the rest of the movie played well for me. The ending was a tied up way too neatly and left me with lots of protests and questions, but oh well. I always expect that with these movies. I give it a B.
Next up: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN and the one I've been waiting for, SWEENEY TODD!!
It's a feel-good Christmas!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home